[Xastir] Anyone running Xastir with Fedora?

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Thu Jan 29 14:14:22 EST 2004

>> I've seen a couple of notes about people having trouble getting
>> Xastir to compile under Fedora.  Latest one is in the Xastir Help
>> Forum, under the title "Compile errors".  Can someone help that guy?
>> If so, answer back on that forum, and perhaps post it to the list as
>> well.
>
> I have it running with Fedora using standard RPMs.

I guess it would be more helpful to explain a bit more.

I followed the standard Linux install instructions found in the INSTALL
doc (excluding the redhat specific stuff) and simply followed the
instructions. Downloaded the source for libgeotiff, proj, etc. The only
issue was that I had to use the libgeotiff-1.1.4

If needed I can reinstall it tonight and provide an exact step by step.

-Tyler