[Xastir] Festival(?) Error Message on Xastir Startup

gdwrbw at ftc-i.net gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Fri Jan 30 12:02:51 EST 2004

I am doing a fresh install of Xastir on my laptop.  Using Mepis linux
(debian based) and everything seems to work fine, except Festival.

I start festival in server mode  (festival --server &) then start xastir.
But I get the following error message:

client(1) Fri Jan 30 11:54:14 2004 : rejected from gdwlaptop not in access
list

Festival itself checks out fine per the tests in the Festival docs so I
suspect that it is probably some configuration thing, but at this point I
have no idea where to start looking.

   Gale
   KC4PL