[Xastir] Map refresh

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jul 4 17:58:35 EDT 2004

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Tim Connolly wrote:

>             Is there any way to change or disable the map refresh altogether
> ? I find it takes 6 minutes to load a fully detailed map at 200 zoom, ouch!
> I blame ImageMagick, the image actually wget's fairly fast as its only
> 532KB.

There is no map refresh unless you are zooming, panning, or there's
a "REFRESH" line in the .geo file you're using.

Xastir will simply load all selected maps into a pixmap struct in
memory, then refresh from the pixmap struct, which means
ImageMagick/Shapelib/libgeotiff and others don't get involved after
your initial map load.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer