[Xastir] xastir install on White Box Enterprise Linux

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 7 13:48:58 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Bruce, KQ4TV wrote:

> So I got the current xastir from cvs.  Ran ./configure and got a yes to
> everything but GDAL/OGR as expected.

We're planning to do some more checks for OpenMotif headers and
libraries.  That would have caught your Motif problem sooner.

The "src" directory referred to in the GDAL instructions has nothing
to do with the Xastir src directory.  Just the way a lot of people
tend to organize their sources:  ~/src, ~/src/gdal, ~/src/xastir,
etc.

Be aware that the GDAL stuff is still very preliminary.  It does
some cool things, but doesn't do a lot of others.  Only some vector
support for it in Xastir so far, no raster support.