[Xastir] PIC-X with Xastir?

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Tue Jul 13 11:16:34 EDT 2004

jdw at eng.uah.edu wrote:
> Has anyone used a PIC-X (http://www.john.hansen.net/PICTNC.htm) with
> xastir?  I know it's a KISS TNC and Xastir supports that, but has anyone
> acutally used one?

I've used mine, though with Linux. Xastir supports an interface type called
"KISS TNC". Did you get the USB-port option for yours? If so, then you need
to find out what device the USB add-in attached itself to. Normally this
might be something like "/dev/ttyS0", but I am unsure of how Mac OS X might
name it. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that bit.

But once you figure out what the device name is, then you just create the
KISS TNC interface in Xastir and enter the device name (it will at least
start with "/dev/").

John Hansen has a page at http://johnhansen.org/apple.htm that talks about
getting the USB module to work with Mac OS X by installing special drivers.

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
http://map.findu.com/kj5o-12