[Xastir] PIC-X with Xastir?

jdw at eng.uah.edu jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Jul 13 12:06:04 EDT 2004

> I've used mine, though with Linux

That's the info I'm looking for.  I'm in an odd position in that both the
radios I own already have TNC's built in, but I'd like to have something
to play with.  This PIC based rig certainly fits the bill.  The excuse I'm
using is that I want to use APRS on the D700, but also feed xastir with
the audio from the same channel so I can record data and have decent maps
for the next balloon chase (October/December time frame).

I won't get the USB option, at least right away, because I'm currently
drowning in USB/RS232 adapters left over from a project at work that I can
borrow.  If I didn't already have one I'd try it out, because I was
interested in the module he uses for some other projects.

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv