[Xastir] tnc2-ui

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Thu Jun 10 08:58:22 EDT 2004

Curt Mills wrote:

> Just copy the UI-View startup file to
> /usr/local/share/xastir/config/ directory, name it something that
> doesn't conflict with one of the other current names, and then call
> that filename out in the Interface->Properties dialog for the
> correct interface.

After a lot of testing, I ask again your help because I can't let this
tnc working.

I picked up the tnc and the radio of my local radio club, just to be
sure the hardware is working well.

At the radio club there is UI-VIEW with this configuration file:

******************************

;

[SETUP]
;DON'T alter anything in this section unless you
;are sure you know what you are doing!
COMMAND_PROMPT=cmd:
COMMAND_CHARACTER_CODE=3
ESCAPE_CHARACTER_CODE=
CONV_COMMAND=K
MYCALL_COMMAND="MYCALL "
UNPROTO_COMMAND="UNPROTO "
NO_BEACON_COMMAND=BEACON 0

[INIT_COMMANDS]
MONITOR OFF
LF OFF
ECHO OFF
BEACON EVERY 0
LTIME 0
HEADER ON
MCOM ON
AXLF OFF
MONITOR ON

[EXIT_COMMANDS]
MONITOR OFF
HEADER OFF
MCOM OFF
MONITOR ON

I tried to give this file as the startup command, only the
[INIT_COMMANDS] section, etc etc etc...

How can I let this device work with xastir? I repeat, it's a "TNC2-UI"
APRS modem which is working with UI-VIEW.

thank you
Alessio Sangalli