[Xastir] tnc2-ui

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 10 14:26:44 EDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> [INIT_COMMANDS]
> MONITOR OFF
> LF OFF
> ECHO OFF
> BEACON EVERY 0
> LTIME 0
> HEADER ON
> MCOM ON
> AXLF OFF
> MONITOR ON

> ******************************
>
> I tried to give this file as the startup command, only the
> [INIT_COMMANDS] section, etc etc etc...

That seems like a reasonable thing to start with.

> How can I let this device work with xastir? I repeat, it's a "TNC2-UI"
> APRS modem which is working with UI-VIEW.

Are you getting anything in the View->Incoming Data window?

If so, are you getting two lines per packet, or one?  You need to
get one line per packet.  Probably the "HEADER" command above will
change that.

Could you send me an example packet that you might see in monitor
mode from that TNC?  I might be able to figure out the problem from
that.

If you're not seeing anything in the View window, then you might not
have your interface->properties set up properly for that interface.
You need to set that dialog up properly for the correct serial port,
and make sure you've started that interface.