[Xastir] APRSSIG Blowup

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 10 18:46:47 EDT 2004

I apologize if I'm embarrasing any of you via my comments on the
APRSSIG.  I'm not trying to represent Xastir users or developers in
general, merely trying to further some technical interests that I
and others have.

On the SIG we've all been going around and around for about a week
now.  One of the participants is so pissed off now that he's sent me
some private e-mail which really blows off steam.  I'm not going to
respond to those e-mails as I think it best to keep things on a
professional/technical level.

If any of the current madness spills over to you fine people, I'm
truly sorry.  I'm hoping that all of this Base-91 Compression,
OpenTrac stuff can be solved, but it's looking less likely.

If things keep souring, I may switch to OpenTrac protocol entirely
and leave APRS protocol in the dust.  I'm definitely considering it.
There are plenty of other Xastir developers to keep the APRS side of
things going, so no worries there.