[Xastir] Help, please...

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 14 23:10:51 EDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Anthony Brooks wrote:

> Recently downloaded and compiled Xastir on Fedora Core 2.  Receiving
> working great, but having problems with tx.  I think it has something to
> do with the way the tnc is being init'ed by Xastir.  I know the tnc is
> ancient, but for a mobile station that I am working on, it will be
> perfect.  Anyone use a Kantronics KPC-2 with Xastir?  I need some help
> getting the thing to tx properly.  Seems that after resetting the tnc
> and then starting the interface, the position is xmitted.  After that, I
> see the tx on the tnc light up, the rig keys, but the data is not
> transmitted.  Any help will be appreciated.

What start/stop files are you using, and what version of Xastir?

Have you tried watching the View->Incoming Data window as you turn
on the interface?  You might see if some commands are getting
accepted properly by the TNC or are giving you an error message back.

You can tweak the tnc-startup.sys files to match your system.  If
you do that, rename them to something other than the default names
so that later upgrades of Xastir don't overwrite those files.

Also, if you come up with kpc-2 files that work, you might submit
them back to us so we can include them in the distribution.  There
is a kpc3 file there now which may be a good start for you.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer