[Xastir] Help, please...

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Mon Jun 14 23:27:30 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 10:57:38PM -0400, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <wm3t at router.wm3t.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> Hey Gang,
>
> Recently downloaded and compiled Xastir on Fedora Core 2.  Receiving
> working great, but having problems with tx.  I think it has something to
> do with the way the tnc is being init'ed by Xastir.  I know the tnc is
> ancient, but for a mobile station that I am working on, it will be
> perfect.  Anyone use a Kantronics KPC-2 with Xastir?  I need some help
> getting the thing to tx properly.  Seems that after resetting the tnc
> and then starting the interface, the position is xmitted.  After that, I
> see the tx on the tnc light up, the rig keys, but the data is not
> transmitted.  Any help will be appreciated.

I used a KPC-2 until 6-9 months ago when I finally bought a kpc3+.

Here's what I used in my startup file:

#here is tnc-startup.kpc2
B E 0
DIGI on
ECho off
FLow off
FUll off
HEA off
LFadd off
AUTOLF off
MCOM off
MON ON
MResp OFF
MRPt on
MSTamp off
MYAlias RELAY
NEWmode off
SCR 0
#end

That's all there was to it for me.  I plugged the thing in, fed it this
startup file, and all was good.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey