[Xastir] Help, please...

Anthony Brooks wm3t at wm3t.com
Tue Jun 15 22:31:38 EDT 2004

Thanks guys for all the help.  I have things working in the "lab" and
getting close to deploying aprs in my vehicles, work truck mostly.  Will
be nice for the XYL to be able to look at the web to see where I am at
in my daily travels.

Using KISS mode was the key.  Things are definately working much better
with that configuration.  Now to get some maps, besides the US
Interstate map, working.

73 de
Anthony Brooks, WM3T
Ham Radio Forums Hosted by WM3T at http://www.wm3t.com/BBS
Maintainer of the WSJT 2M Standings at http://www.wm3t.com/wsjt
"Open Your Mind, Use Open Source"

Curt Mills wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Anthony Brooks wrote:
>

>>I am running xastir 1.3.2 and the start and stop files I have tried are
>>.sys .kam .kpc3
>>
>>Any command that gave me an error was commented out, but still no go.  I
>>will try modifying one of the start/stop files tomorrow and see what I
>>can get.  Almost makes me want to get another TNC, if it was a pc, it
>>would have been gone a LONG time ago! :-)
>>

>You have some other options:
>
>1) Set the TNC into KISS mode and then use the Serial KISS TNC
>interface selection.
>
>2) If you're running Linux, set up AX.25 kernel networking, set the
>TNC into KISS mode, and use that interface.
>
>3) Again if using Linux, set up AX.25 kernel networking and then set
>up a soundcard interface instead of using the TNC.  One of our users
>has used a soundcard interface on Solaris also.
>
>4) If using Windows you can install & set up AGWPE on your
>soundcard, then use the AGWPE interface in Xastir to connect to it.

believed to be clean.