[Xastir] Help, please...

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 15 01:14:17 EDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Anthony Brooks wrote:

> I am running xastir 1.3.2 and the start and stop files I have tried are
> .sys .kam .kpc3
>
> Any command that gave me an error was commented out, but still no go.  I
> will try modifying one of the start/stop files tomorrow and see what I
> can get.  Almost makes me want to get another TNC, if it was a pc, it
> would have been gone a LONG time ago! :-)

You have some other options:

1) Set the TNC into KISS mode and then use the Serial KISS TNC
interface selection.

2) If you're running Linux, set up AX.25 kernel networking, set the
TNC into KISS mode, and use that interface.

3) Again if using Linux, set up AX.25 kernel networking and then set
up a soundcard interface instead of using the TNC.  One of our users
has used a soundcard interface on Solaris also.

4) If using Windows you can install & set up AGWPE on your
soundcard, then use the AGWPE interface in Xastir to connect to it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer