[Xastir] tnc2-ui

Alessio Sangalli alesan at manoweb.com
Tue Jun 15 06:58:33 EDT 2004

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> When I open the TNC in minicom, I can see the data from other stations.
>
> Then, I give the "K" command to put the TNC in "converse" mode.
> I am then able to type, for example:
> =4548.14N/00925.72E-XASTIR-Linux
>
> and the TNC goes in TX mode, the PTT led turns on and the radio transmits.
>
> How can I set so that Xastir can work?

I modified the source code; in src/interface.c:
line 6895, in function output_my_aprs_data()
xastir_snprintf(header_txt, sizeof(header_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "CONV");
become
xastir_snprintf(header_txt, sizeof(header_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "K");

also, line 7382, in function output_my_data()
xastir_snprintf(data_txt, sizeof(data_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "CONV");
become
xastir_snprintf(data_txt, sizeof(data_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "K");

now my TNC is able to work. I'm still testing it but it seems to work.

I do not know if this is a firmware bug, but the CONV command is not
recognized. Instead, the "K" command has to be given to enter the
converse mode.

Is it possible to make this configurable without having to recompile
Xastir? UIview allows this (they told me, I do not know exactly, as I'm
not a window user)

Thank you
Alessio Sangalli
IW2NYD