[Xastir] tnc2-ui

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 16 19:02:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> I modified the source code; in src/interface.c:
> line 6895, in function output_my_aprs_data()
> xastir_snprintf(header_txt, sizeof(header_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "CONV");
> become
> xastir_snprintf(header_txt, sizeof(header_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "K");
>
> also, line 7382, in function output_my_data()
> xastir_snprintf(data_txt, sizeof(data_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "CONV");
> become
> xastir_snprintf(data_txt, sizeof(data_txt), "%c%s\r", '\3', "K");
>

> now my TNC is able to work. I'm still testing it but it seems to work.
>
> I do not know if this is a firmware bug, but the CONV command is not
> recognized. Instead, the "K" command has to be given to enter the
> converse mode.

The full command is "converse", but they provided a shortcut command
'k' to get there as well.  I'm sorry to hear that they didn't
implement the "conv" command in your TNC.

> Is it possible to make this configurable without having to recompile
> Xastir? UIview allows this (they told me, I do not know exactly, as I'm
> not a window user)

It's hard-coded right now.  We could change that at some point in
the future I suppose.

Are there any TNC's that don't accept the 'k' shortcut?  Anyone
know?  If that's implemented on everything, we could switch to it as
a temporary measure.