[Xastir] Xastir without X-Windows?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 15 13:37:13 EDT 2004

I'd suggest looking at the OpenTracker (http://www.opentrac.org) and
investigating its uses.  You can reflash it in seconds, it is
open-source, the author of the software and designer of the board is
interested in balloons as well and is very responsive.

As far as two-way stuff though, it can't do it.  It only transmits.
It can also send telemetry though, in OpenTrac and/or APRS packet
format.  There are more nice things about it though, like the
ability to change something about your transmissions based on
altitude, etc.

As far as a cut-down command, perhaps a tone-decoder or three that
must decode in a particular sequence (simple sequential state
machine), hooked to the receiver of the handheld that is
transmitting the position packets?  Heck, you might be able to get
the OpenTracker to issue the command at a particular altitude with
no control from the ground at all.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer