[Xastir] Can't connect to internet server.

Mike Fenske mike_fenske at telus.net
Fri Jun 18 11:11:04 EDT 2004

Good morning all. Tried Gerry's suggestions.
1) Can't connect xastir to fourth.aprs.net:10152
2) Can telnet to fourth.aprs.net, Get screenfulls of packets.
3) Can telnet to aprswest.net, again get screenfulls of packets.

Tried Curt's suggestion and used IP address of aprswest.net and Xastir connects fine. This leads me to believe Xastir is have problems on my machine doing DNS look-ups. Telnet, ping, web browser, cvs all seem to be able to do DNS lookups.
I manually set my ISP's DNS servers in /etc/resolv.conf and Xastir still wouldn't connect to an internet server.
Then, I restarted Xastir and guess what, I connected. It looks to me that Xastir is reading DNS servers on start-up??
Anyway, it's working for now. Thanks for all your help.

Mike Fenske
VE7MKF