[Xastir] use D700 TNC for xastir and built-in APRS?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 21 11:50:31 EDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> Is there some way to use the D700 so that I can use the radio's
> built-in APRS application and feed xastir the data at the same time?
>
> It's OK if xastir is in a read-only mode, but it would be really nice
> to share the TNC with both applications.

I don't own one, so take this with a grain of salt:  I believe the
answer is no.

I've heard of people hooking up an additional TNC to the MIC/SPKR or
data port of the radio.  That tends to make me think that you can't
use the D700 TNC for dual-duty.  They might have been doing that so
that they could have a TNC on both sides of the radio though.

Hopefully you'll get a very direct yes or no from some Kenwood
owners.