[Xastir] Re: Xastir is stack smashing?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 21 16:09:00 EDT 2004

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Bill Bird wrote:

> I've enjoyed running xastir for several years now on a Slackware V8.0 system
> without incident.  I recently compiled xastir V1.3.2 on my Slackware V8.0
> system.  On this system I normally run Xastir within a VNC X-windows server
> session so I can get to it through a browser anywhere in my house.  While this
> was running the whole system seemed to freeze - no mouse movement, no keyboard
> response;

Have you checked your VNC settings?  Make sure that you set it to
only update active windows, I think there are some other options
that will lesson the sort of screen updates you get across the link.
That might appear to lock it up if it's constantly trying to
refresh the screen at the remote end.

That's about all I can think of.  Perhaps other people that are
running with VNC can help you.  I don't run that much anymore.