[Xastir] Is there a way

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 25 12:46:17 EDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> On your shapefile problem, you may want to check permissions and
> ownerships on the shapefiles.  If someone else owns the files and the
> mode is 600, they won't work. (or so I've heard :)

Make files have permissions of 644, directories 755, and you should
be good for all users to read the files.  Only the owner will be
able to write to them.

If you want the group to have write access make files 664,
directories 775.

I think of this a intuitive, but others may not:  At the top of the
Map Chooser is a button to switch between directory view and
directory/file view.  If it's in directory view you won't see any
files listed.