[Xastir] saved png

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Mon Mar 1 19:46:36 EST 2004

I'm doing a demo of Xastir for my local club soon and I had a few
questions.

Since there is no Internet connection at our meeting location I wanted
to save some of the tiger maps I use.  So, I have saved a bunch of them
at different zoom levels.  I did this by turning off the interfaces and
clearing all the stations so the maps would be blank.  I then turned on
png snapshot and grabbed the .geo and .png snapshot files.  Is there a
way to turn off the range scale so when I grab the snapshot it does not
show on the bottom?  I have gone in and manually edited it out of a
bunch of snapshots but it gets tiresome quickly.

During the demo I am going to show some live tracks as well as some
tracks I have downloaded.  The Connecticut SM and some of the local
DEC's are going to be there so I want to touch on how APRS can be an
asset to ARES.  What other things do you think/recommend I show?

Thanks
Dana
N1OFZ