[Xastir] Now I've done it.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 5 20:23:19 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Matt Werner wrote:

> interface.c:channel_data(4):Trying to unlock a resource that a different
> thread locked originally 98310:262152
> Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
> Last incoming line was: Port6: etc etc etc
>
> Then:
> interface.c:channel_data(4):Warning:Trying to unloack a resource that hasn't
> been locked:0
> interface.c:channel_data(4):Trying to unlock a resource that a different
> thread locked originally 0:98310
> Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
> Last incoming line was: Port6: etc etc etc
>
> There is nothing special about the data that was coming in.  Last time it
> caught it on port4, which is the AX.25 interface.  The line it displayed
> then was a command that was being echoed (like "AUTOLF was off" or something
> like that).
>
> Xastir never does terminate - it just hangs.  I have to do a kill -9 on the
> pid to get rid of it.

The above can happen if code in interface.c performed a mutex lock
and then forget to unlock it or perhaps vice-versa..  The
lock's/unlock's have to come in pairs.

Perhaps some of the recent changes ended up putting a return without
an unlock or otherwise messed up the sequence.  I'll try to look at
that.  Any idea what sorts of ports you were using?  You mentioned
AX.25 in your last message.  Any other types?