[Xastir] Linux aprsdigi 2.4.4 released

Bill Vodall - WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Sat Mar 6 22:57:07 EST 2004

> - Ability to specify a list of ports that get sent a verbatim duplicate copy
> of all packets received on a given port. Useful for "reflecting" what's
> heard on an RF port to a local LAN for instance. This is different from
> APRS-IS (e.g. aprsd) since the data is sent with UDP (multicast or unicast).
> Use with caution (or not at all) on RF ports.

Suppose I had a WiFi Access Point like a Wap 11 connected to my local
lan.  Could I use aprsdigi to redirect all aprs traffic heard on 144.39
(via AX25 in Linux) out the Wap 11?  How about the reverse?  Could I
run aprsdigi on a linux box at the other end of the street, pick up the
UDP broadcasts on the WiFi port and feed the packets out on AX25 RF -- on
144.39 with a WIDE7-7 path of course.   :-)

How would this tie to aprs-is?  Could I use aprsdigi to feed the
entire aprs-is feed out a WiFi AP as UDP packets?

What "clients" would receive these UDP packets?

As Bob B. just asked on APRSSIG, the D-Star's are simple IP
bridges with a bit more power then a WiFi AP.  If aprsdigi
worked with a WiFi AP, then it would probably also work with
the DStar to broadcast APRS traffic.

Always looking for more ways to make packets, cause trouble
and pick on Curt...

73,
Bill - WA7NWP