[Xastir] Maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 15 12:28:43 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Leonard Jenkins wrote:

> Am getting same thing here, SuSE 9, but no maps here.

I use SuSE and am one of the Xastir developers.  I have it running
on 7.3, 8.1, 8.2, and 9.0 with no troubles.

When you say "no maps", are you seeing black images come in, or
nothing come in at all?  Do you have any map files appearing in the
~/.xastir/tmp directory that when viewed with "xv" or "display" show
you the proper map that Xastir was trying to download?

Have you done an "online update" using YaST to make sure you have
the bug-fixed versions of all the packages?

Tell us more about what you're seeing, and what you're not seeing.

> Am also curious if/where the PNG snapshots get saved ???

They go into ~/.xastir/tmp/snapshot.png and snapshot.geo.  On very
recent versions of Xastir anyway.