[Xastir] split_gnis script

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 15 21:38:30 EST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Jack Twilley wrote:

> I accept your challenge.  If either of you folks could send me links
> to some input files and output files, I'll port the script.

Input file is a state GNIS file which you can download from the site
mentioned in the INSTALL or the README.MAPS file.

Output is the same, only with the extra spaces chopped off the end
of the lines, CRLF changed to LF, and split into multiple smaller
files instead of one huge state file.  It's all just text.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer