[Xastir] Maps

James Jolin jjolin at itol.com
Tue Mar 16 16:21:10 EST 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, James Jolin wrote:
>

>>In the root/.xastir/tmp/ I have two files:
>>map.gif and map.jpeg with the correct timestamp. However, the gif file
>>is grayed out. When I run display on the gif file it says that  it is
>>not a gif image.  Running display on the jpeg file results in "unable to
>>open file."
>>I am only using one map.geo as you suggested and all of your other
>>suggested items are fine.
>>BTW the jpeg file only produces a black "image."
>>I ran configure and it said "building with ImageMagic--yes
>>Nothing about wget or curl.
>>

>Did you try the "tigermap.geo" and/or "USRadar.geo" files?
>
>If any of the map images come in, that means that your ImageMagick
>is probably ok.
>
>What version of Xastir?  terraserver changed their URL recently and
>we had to make the corresponding change in Xastir.  If you're
>running 1.3.0 or older that might be the problem.  Try the
>development snapshot released yesterday or the CVS version of
>Xastir.
>
>--
>Curt, WE7U			    archer at eskimo dot com
>Arlington, WA, USA		http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
>"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
>"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U
>"The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!"

Curt,
I hope I'm not bugging you too much, but these problems I just can't
seem to put down and leave.
My version of xastir is 1.2.1. Have not tried cvs, yet.  Will give it a
shot latter.
Imagicmagick will not open any jpeg files---I tried on various ones.
Qv will open all the jpegs I tried except the one in the tmp directory.
The very last line in the strings command is html.  Also says other
stuff like "exceeding acceptable limits for paramaters: <br>.  Somthing
about font color=#cc0000>*Error occured on request*</font><br>
I will other map files, but I sure would like to pin this problem down.
Jim wa9arb