[Xastir] Maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 16 16:48:31 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, James Jolin wrote:

> My version of xastir is 1.2.1. Have not tried cvs, yet.  Will give it a
> shot latter.

> Imagicmagick will not open any jpeg files---I tried on various ones.
> Qv will open all the jpegs I tried except the one in the tmp directory.
> The very last line in the strings command is html.  Also says other
> stuff like "exceeding acceptable limits for paramaters: <br>.  Somthing
> about font color=#cc0000>*Error occured on request*</font><br>

If you're trying to access terraserver/toposerver, then it makes
sense that you're getting an HTML error file back instead of the
image.

> I will other map files, but I sure would like to pin this problem down.

Download the latest development snapshot and try that instead.  That
way you and I will be on more even playing ground.  1.2.1 is too old
now.  Even 1.3.0 has the old URL in it for terraserver, so you'll
have to run something newer than that.  I think only CVS and the
latest snapshot have the correct one.