[Xastir] no visible map display

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Mar 18 22:16:44 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Portal Chris wrote:

> No files in ~/.xastir/tmp
>
> Points maybe at libcurl for the culprit?

Certainly sounds likely.  Xastir will default to libcurl if present,
else it looks for wget.  Try upgrading libcurl.  If that doesn't
work, remove it, and rely on wget in Xastir.

You should definitely get a jpg or gif file in your ~/.xastir/tmp
directory after it downloads the map.  That file will remain after
Xastir uses it to draw onto its pixmaps.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer