[Xastir] Tips on organizing many many maps?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Mar 22 11:57:10 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Jack Twilley wrote:

> Also, the current default for newly-indexed maps is "automap on",
> which may or may not be such a good idea -- for my specific case, it's
> not so great, let me tell you. :-)  Is what I'm doing sufficiently
> unique that the current default is good?

I'll go with whatever people want on that one.  I don't use automaps
myself anymore.

> license.  What sort of organization would be best?  I download the
> following shapefiles:  county 2000, designated places 2000, key
> geographic locations, landmark points, line features (all), and water
> polygons.  Suggestions appreciated.

I think I'd just suggest country/state directories, then let people
download an entire state at once or a few files for their county.

If you get into filing them by county, you'll get into a whole lot
of your time lost with little net gain.