[Xastir] Re Festival

Mike Fenske mike_fenske at telus.net
Mon Mar 22 19:05:33 EST 2004

Hello Chris. What you need to compile festival is
festival-1.4.3-release.tar.gz and speech_tools-1.2.3-release.tar.gz. First
you have to compile speech tools and then festival. Next you have to
install voices. See the INSTALL file included in the Festival source
package. All are available from:
http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival/

I have it compiled here on SuSE 7.3, but have not got Xastir recognizing it
yet. It seems festival does not have a "make install", so I'm not sure
where to put all the files. Maybe Curt or someone with festival from RPM's
could send the output of:

rpm -ql festival

Hope this helps,

Mike Fenske