[Xastir] More Newbie ??

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun May 2 19:44:03 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> I appreciate the patience as I try to get Xastir working with map support. I
> have Xastir running in Cygwin.
>     The first problem is trying to get the shapelib installed per the
> README.win32. I've downloaded, put in the named directory, unTarred and made
> the changes as specified using nano. I then enter the command "make lib". I
> then receive an error of:  Makefile:121: ***missing separator. Stop.  That's
> as far as I get.

They might have changed the Shapelib package.  Check the README's
for that package to see if the directions are different now.

>     Another problem. I am trying to use the inf2geo.pl script to convert
> UI-View format maps. I cannot get to the directory from the Bash shell that
> I start in. I don't know much about the commands but I've tried to get to
> the correct directory above the Xastir boot directory. I need to be in the
> directory: /usr/local/share/xastir/scripts/maps/ I can't get there from my

Nope.  Not the correct directory.  You want to probably be in
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/  (no "scripts" in the path).

> bash shell that opens when I use the startwin icon on the desktop. It seems
> to arise from the symbolic link I made to run Xastir from the starting bash
> shell.

You then might have to specify the path to the script, so you'd run
it like this:

    /usr/local/lib/xastir/inf2geo.pl filename

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer