[Xastir] More Newbie ??

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.us
Sun May 2 08:40:31 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I appreciate the patience as I try to get Xastir working with map support. I
have Xastir running in Cygwin.
    The first problem is trying to get the shapelib installed per the
README.win32. I've downloaded, put in the named directory, unTarred and made
the changes as specified using nano. I then enter the command "make lib". I
then receive an error of:  Makefile:121: ***missing separator. Stop.  That's
as far as I get.
    Another problem. I am trying to use the inf2geo.pl script to convert
UI-View format maps. I cannot get to the directory from the Bash shell that
I start in. I don't know much about the commands but I've tried to get to
the correct directory above the Xastir boot directory. I need to be in the
directory: /usr/local/share/xastir/scripts/maps/ I can't get there from my
bash shell that opens when I use the startwin icon on the desktop. It seems
to arise from the symbolic link I made to run Xastir from the starting bash
shell.

Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any help.

73
Randy - KK6RW