[Xastir] FireNet questions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 5 12:18:12 EDT 2004

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Dana Rawding wrote:

> I tried FireNet today and it is really cool.  I did limit some of the
> data by logging into firenet.us on port 14580 w/ r/37/-81/1500 as the
> filter.  What I don't understand is some of the icons.  Can someone
> tell me what the H2O stations represent?  For example, one called
> 01201487 has a comment of 7.41gh/149cfs.  What does this mean, what is
> it's purpose?  Also is there a place on the net where I can decode what
> the wx station #'s represent.

I'm sure I answered this one recently, but I'll send another answer
just in case this question is new.  I see that the date is old on
it though.

H20 are river gauges.  I'm the one generating those, and the quakes,
and some of fires.  Other firenet members are running
scripts/programs to generate the rest.

7.41gh = 7.41 feet gauge height.
149cfs = 149 cubic feet per second past the gauge.

Check firenet.us or look up wa6oft on google and go to his web
pages.  I believe there are descriptions of the firenet objects
there somewhere.