[Xastir] feature request

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun May 2 21:35:02 EDT 2004

The asocial side of me is thinking we need to recognize MGRS in Xastir.
  And, perhaps UI-view, although Roger's not responded to my last
missive on compressed objects...

<HUMOR>
I'd like to suggest (currently in jest; this MAY change) that digi ID's
go to MGRS 1km grids (9 char: 18SUU8401 as an example) and the default
for objects and positions is 1m grids (18SUU836014 as an example...).
In my benevolent plan, we'd allow position degradation by using fewer
characters of grid precision.

Complaints could be dealt with by placing a mortar round in the grid
square last reported by the complaintant.  I've not figured out how to
handle collateral damage caused when someone reports 1m accuracy with
25m error...
</HUMOR>

73, all,
Gerry
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173