[Xastir] Latest Successful build

Dick C. Reichenbach dreichen at columbus.rr.com
Mon May 3 23:24:02 EDT 2004

It probably won't come as a surprise to anyone here, but Xastir builds
nicly on a Debian Box.

Well, to be correct, the debian box is actually a Xebian box.  XBox Linux.

I'm planning to use it as an APRS Demo station at our Field day event.

In the short time I've had it on APRS-IS, it seems to work ok.  Memory
usage is very high, but that's to be expected.

The dialogs are kinda hard to set, because some are larger than the
640x480 screen less the taskbars on the desktop.  Isn't someone working
on a fix for mobiles that shrinks some dialog boxes?

The CPU is a quick little guy.  It definatly moves plenty fast.

I'll post more reports and pictures as I work on it some more.

Dick Reichenbach - KC8OBZ