[Xastir] install help

Shawn Hudson sjhudson at wcnet.org
Wed May 5 21:57:18 EDT 2004

Hello folks.. I can't say I'm a wizard at linux so forgive me if this seems
basic.

I am running in to this error when I do a ./configure
I know I have X11 because the comand was issued in a iceWM  window... what
is wrong?

Thanks for any help

Shawn

Here is the last part of the output form the ./configure:

checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for gawk... (cached) mawk
checking for devices... found /dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1
checking for search paths... done
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking for joinable pthread attribute... PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE
checking if more special flags are required for pthreads... no
checking for cc_r... gcc
checking for compiler flags... using -g -O2 -pipe -Wall -pthread
checking for system... Linux
checking for wget... /usr/bin/wget
checking for convert... no
checking for lpr... no
checking for gv... no
checking for cp... /bin/cp
checking for cat... /bin/cat
checking for festival... no
checking for gpsman... no
checking for X... no
configure: error: *** No X11!  Install X-Windows development
headers/libraries!
***
io:/usr/local/xastir/xastir-1.3.1#

This is a far as I get..