[Xastir] Davis Weather Monitor II ??

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu May 6 11:59:10 EDT 2004

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Dennis Hudson, N2LBT wrote:

> Is anyone working on a parser for the raw data stream for a Davis
> Weather Monitor II? I mistakenly committed myself to replacing the NWS
> APRS machine and didn't realize it doesn't do the Davis stuff natively
> yet. I'm scared to put MySQL and other libraries on there that I'm not
> familiar with, security wise on their network. They tend to be very
> sensitive about their network. Darn Government.

I've been asked a couple of times to support it, but it's not high
on my list yet.  I think I have pointers somewhere to the relevant
docs.  It wouldn't be all that hard to add another type of device I
suspect, but again, I don't have time for it right now.

> If there is no code working yet, is anyone using the Meteo stuff? Was
> it tough to set up?

I know at least a couple of people were going to try it out.