[Xastir] install help

KC7ZRU kc7zru at arrl.net
Thu May 6 23:07:34 EDT 2004

Shawn Hudson wrote:

> I was able to install the packages.  Do the Make and Make install.. however
> now when I execute the binary xastir & I recieved  these errors... (actually
> there is more..)
>
> Ekkk.. what happened?

Nothing bad. What you did was start xastir, it found a partial or
incomplete config file, added in the config lines and set their default
values - then outputed all this to tell you about it.

Now, if you exit xastir and re-start - you won't see all this cuz it was
done the first time. In otherwords - it's normal.

However there is one 'near warning' there at the end. Namely:

XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found?
/usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

Seems you're either missing a fairly inconsequential file or the
permissions are off.

You're VERY close!
Good job!!