[Xastir] New install on FC1

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri May 7 10:02:08 EDT 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, KC7ZRU wrote:

> I think I've seen others mention this or a similar problem and it turned
> out to be a problem with a particular ImageMagick version?? ./configure
> was happy and it's summary said ImageMagick woudl be used.
>
> ImageMagick-5.5.6-5.i386.rpm and ImageMagick-devel-5.5.6-5.i386.rpm

I seem to recall a similar problem.  I think I experienced it with
one version of ImageMagick, and I recall others reporting this
problem at times.  Been a while though.

I'd definitely check for updated ImageMagick RPM's on the Fedora
site, and perhaps on rpmfind.  If all else fails, installing from
sources usually works, but at this point I'd stay away from the 6.x
releases.

With all the problems we've had with ImageMagick, it sure would be
nice to get GDAL in there instead, which would give us
JPG/GIF/PNG/XPM and some others.  We could then skip ImageMagick
altogether.

Another option is to put GraphicsMagick support in there.  They're a
fork of the ImageMagick project, and their aim is to provide a more
stable API.