[Xastir] Desired object/item operation?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri May 7 12:14:11 EDT 2004

Tweaking the object/items stuff a bit.  Noticed some incorrect
logging of items in the object.log file which I fixed.  That'll get
checked in shortly.

While working on that I noticed some inconsistent operation.  It has
to do with creating objects/items, moving them around, killing them,
and then creating new objects/items with the same names.

If you do that while Xastir is running continuously, you get
tracklines from the old killed objects to the new.  You'll see all
positions of both.

If you do that and then kill/restart Xastir, causing it to load the
object.log file on startup that way, you only get tracks for the
"new" objects/items.  The tracks do not go back to the old positions
before the initial kill.

For SAR I'd like to have a persistent display across restarts.
Right now the displays are different across a restart.

What is the desired operation here?