[Xastir] Desired object/item operation?

Josh Keller jeepin95 at comcast.net
Fri May 7 14:10:23 EDT 2004

What about doing something similar to National Geographic Topo....in Topo
you can create waypoints, markers, routes, bearing lines, labels etc...and
can save all of that information to a single file. When we conduct a search
I start off by saving a file with the date...then whenever I make changes I
resave, that way I can pull the same screen back up if the system crashes. I
can also come back months later and load that search for any number of
reasons, it does come in handy.

What about creating a "save" feature, which would save all the objects,
stations, drawings, tracks, etc. on the screen and at that point clear the
main log file out. That way you would not lose anything if the system
crashes because it is constantly saved in the log, yet it also gives a clean
and easy way to start fresh, yet maintaining all of that information for
later.

Of course that would also come with a load feature, which would load all of
that information back at once...for reviewing a mission, printing a map 3
months later, etc.

Maybe something similar does exist, I've not been able to figure it out
though.

Josh
KD7ZYW