[Xastir] re: More Xastir questions.

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun May 9 17:38:07 EDT 2004

On Sun, 9 May 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> When I try to do the cvs update, I get an error saying: CVS Update: No
> CVSROOT specified! Please use the '-d' option cvs [update aborted]: or set
> the CVSROOT enviroment variable.
>
> This error message seems to follow along with other suggestion that I need
> to go to the root user using 'su'

Nope.  What you need to do is go to your randy/src/xastir directory,
then type the command.

CVS uses some special files located in subdirectories called "CVS".
If there isn't a "CVS" subdirectory below where you currently are
at, then CVS doesn't know what repository you're trying to talk to,
or what set of source code from that repository to fetch.  Once you
fetch the CVS archive the first time, all the sources are snagged,
the CVS subdirectories are created and populated with the CVS
book-keeping information, and you're good to go.

I can do this:

    cd
    cvs update

And get the same type of error, because I'm at my home directory
then, not the Xastir source directory.

If I do this instead:

    cd src/xastir
    cvs update