[Xastir] iBook install

Bruce, KQ4TV xastir at bwm.us
Mon May 10 10:16:37 EDT 2004

I finally got xastir loaded and working on my iBook following the
instructions for "XASTIRonX" at
<http://members.chello.nl/~m.vanopzeeland/xastir.html>. I ended up
having to erase the hard drive and start from scratch to get whatever
was causing xastir not to compile out of the machine. I would like to
be able to use the ERSI shape files and a USB to serial adapter to a
KPC-3 Plus for TNC and GPS connection. Anyone have some tips or
recommendations on getting these to work under MacOSX Panther. I plan
on following the regular install instructions but suspect there are a
couple of twists involved (like ./configure --prefix=/sw in leu of the
more convention ./configure in most instructions).

Bruce, KQ4TV

--
Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
8749 Lebanon Rd.