[Xastir] Re: Shapelib support.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon May 10 12:15:07 EDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have another problem that has cropped up, in fact I had made mention of
> the problem before in one of my posts but I had confused the problem with
> other problems.
>
> I'm trying to add Shapelib support to my Xastir install in Cygwin. As per
> the instruction in README.win32, I have downloaded and installed shapelib
> library files. I have made the changes specified to makefile using nano.
>
>  I run 'make lib', then receive the following error message:
>
> Makefile:121:  *** Missing separator. Stop.
>
> Thanks for reading this, your support is greatly appreciated

Can you send me the Makefile you have as an attachment, perhaps as a
zip file?  Don't send it to the list.

Also tell me what version of Shapelib you're trying to install, what
OS you're installing it on, and give me more of the text leading up
to the error.

You can type this:

    (make lib 2>&1) | tee make.log

and then just send me "make.log".