[Xastir] iBook install

Bruce, KQ4TV xastir at bwm.us
Mon May 10 15:22:40 EDT 2004

No, your instructions where great. It worked fine on my iMac in the
office but when I tried to load it on the iBook a couple of weeks later
there was an update in the cvs to assist cygwin users that interfered
with Mac users. I was able to fix that but there were two other
problems when I tried to compile. One error I got was:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_nl_langinfo

The other one I did not document but I recall it had something to do
with colormap.

I was running Jaguar and decided to upgrade to Panther but that did not
help and I could not get fink to upgrade it self or other components
properly so I decided to start over.

I would like to be able to use the shape file maps that were posted on
the list a month or so ago on the iBook.
I was able to compile the proj/proj-nad source and followed the special
OSX instructions for installing shapelib but was unable to compile
libgeotiff. But am still not able to display shapefiles.

Bruce, KQ4TV