[Xastir] New install on FC1

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Tue May 11 07:28:28 EDT 2004

KC7ZRU wrote:
> Now, to clarify, the problem is the srb_xxx.geo files are NOT showing up
> in the Map Chooser - not that they aren't displaying like my feeble
> brain reported to itself Saturday. I've checked and double checked
> permissions - same as at the house. Even waxed out my source directory
> and sucked down a fresh go from CVS today. I even went so far as to SCP
> into my home machine and snarf over the exact same
> /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/geos/srb_*.geo files that are working at
> home. Re-indexing, restart, delete map_index.sys, re-start, re-index all
> in various sequences - no chage.

I'd also check the permissions and owners of the .geo files. Make sure
they're something like 644 (755 for dirs).

Also try copying the map_index.sys from the working setup to the non-working
setup. (that's what I do when I set up a new xastir system, since it takes a
very long time to re-enter all the min-zoom, max-zoom, layers, etc.)

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://map.findu.com/kj5o-12
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.