[Xastir] SDTS file errors

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Tue May 11 17:31:37 EDT 2004

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 03:46:00PM -0400, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <shadow at dementia.org> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> On Tue, 11 May 2004, Tom Russo wrote:
>
> > > ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.so), creation of
> > > OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.
> > > Couldn't create transformation object
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> >
> > Did you build and install proj.4 before configuring and building gdal?
> > Did GDAL actually report that it saw proj.4 when you configured/built it?
> > Does libproj.so exist as a symlink to libproj.so.4?
>
> But on MacOS, you get libproj.dylib, not libproj.so. I don't have the
> latter, only libproj.0.4.1.dylib, libproj.0.dylib, and libproj.dylib.
>
> And this all works for me.

Nod.  I hadn't seen the message about this being on Mac OS X.  If GDAL
is thinking it needs to pull in libproj.so then I suspect something is
broken in the OPs install of GDAL.  I suspect that the answer to the
error is to be found in what GDAL said when it was configured.

Verifying that proj4 is installed first, then configuring and installing
GDAL should either solve or pin down the problem.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?"