[Xastir] SDTS file errors

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 11 17:53:50 EDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> Nod.  I hadn't seen the message about this being on Mac OS X.  If GDAL
> is thinking it needs to pull in libproj.so then I suspect something is
> broken in the OPs install of GDAL.  I suspect that the answer to the
> error is to be found in what GDAL said when it was configured.
>
> Verifying that proj4 is installed first, then configuring and installing
> GDAL should either solve or pin down the problem.

Another problem is that the linker on MacOSX doesn't respect linking
order.  If there's a Proj inside GDAL and you've installed Proj
separately as well, you may be getting it confused, using the header
files for one but the library for the other.  I think you can
compile GDAL and tell it to use the external library instead.
Perhaps there are other solutions such as hiding one or the other
from the linker.