[Xastir] SDTS file errors

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed May 12 08:09:24 EDT 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 4:31 PM, Tom Russo wrote:

> Nod.  I hadn't seen the message about this being on Mac OS X.  If GDAL
> is thinking it needs to pull in libproj.so then I suspect something is
> broken in the OPs install of GDAL.  I suspect that the answer to the
> error is to be found in what GDAL said when it was configured.

GDAL's config.log says:

configure:23468: checking how to link PROJ.4 library
configure:23481: result: link dynamically.

Based on what I've seen so far, I'd guess that GDAL's dynamic linking
code is broken on OS X.

On May 11, 2004, at 4:53 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Another problem is that the linker on MacOSX doesn't respect linking
> order.

I found a configure option for GDAL to use statically linked proj and
built it this way, but when I went back and reconfigured/recompiled
xastir, it started complaining about multiple libraries containing some
of the jpeg stuff (ImageMagick and GDAL).  I ran out of time yesterday
evening, but I'm going to have another go at it today.

I am building this without Fink or Darwinports, because neither of them
contain all the stuff I need, and they don't play well together.

-Jason
kg4wsv