[Xastir] CVS?

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Thu May 13 12:20:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 07:47:01AM -0700, Curt Mills wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2004, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:30:26AM -0500, Kurt A. Freiberger wrote:
> > > [kurt at ivanova kurt]$ ./Misc/cvslogin.sh
> > > Logging in to
> > > :pserver:anonymous at cvs.xastir.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/xastir
> > > CVS password:
> > > cvs [login aborted]: connect to
> > > cvs.xastir.sourceforge.net(66.35.250.209):2401 failed: Connection timed out
> > >
> > > Has something recently changed?
> > > kf
> >
> > Yes, change that line to
> > :pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/xastir
> >
> > It works fine this way for me with xastir, but gives errors with
> > another sourceforge project (dxspider), so something is still messed up
> > in sourceforge-land.
>
> Oops, I should have caught that one.  Thanks Bob!
>
> They did a change the SourceForge servers within the last few weeks,
> and they can't support the cvs.<project-name>.sourceforge.net
> aliases anymore, so you have to use the one Bob described.
>
> If you've got checked-out CVS sources that have the old path listed
> in the CVS directories, you can either go through and change them,
> or you can delete the whole thing and check it out from scratch.
> See the lastest FAQ for instructions on how to change all the paths
> in one shot.

If you get a lot of "move it out of the way" messages, this is the
cause.

Reading this it dawned on me that the problem I had with dxspider
related to a file in a lower-level directory.  Sure enough, I hadn't
changed the Root entry on that one!

Bob, N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net